Policy and Research InternAPPLY NOW
Abuja, Nigeria • Internship
Application Deadline: April 30, 2022 23:59
Policy Vault Africa is an online repository of a wide spectrum of government documents, including public policies, electoral guidelines, business regulations, laws, and investment guides in sub-Saharan Africa. A first of its kind organization, Policy Vault Africa aims to eradicate policy access problems by enabling stakeholders to obtain any policy in any country in Africa.
The Policy Vault Africa website provides extensive access to policy documents including investment incentives, trade policies, countries’ budgets, legislative bills, and regulations.
About the Position
Policy Vault seeks an intern to join the Policy team. The incumbent will support the mission of Policy Vault Africa by assisting with compilation, tracking and analysis of policies across the continent. This position will include a mix of work with public policy documents, policy writing, and relationship management and engagement with government ministries, departments, and agencies in Abuja.
The selected candidate will possess strong knowledge of federal, state & local government relations, stakeholders’ management, public policy analysis, political analysis, and country regulations & legislations. The selected candidate will work alongside public policy analysts and the country advisor based in Abuja and will report to the Director of Policy and Research, based in Washington DC.
The duties of the intern include:
- Research, compile and analyze government policies of various African countries
- Monitor and track legislative processes as well as key political and economic updates in Policy Vault’s focus countries
- Work with the Director of Public Policy to strategize ways to maximize policy compilation process
- Collaborate with the Nigeria policy team to write publishable articles on various policy topics
- Prepare presentations, memos, and briefs for use by the leadership team or for external meetings
- Provide administrative support where necessary.
To be eligible for this position, applicant must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, including political science, public policy, business, economics, law, or other related programs.
- Ability to think critically, work under pressure, and often under tight deadlines
- Experience managing competing priorities, with proven track record of achieving deliverables in a timely manner
- Desire to work with a geographically disparate and multicultural team
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in deck presentation design in PowerPoint; graphic design skills (Tableau, Power BI) is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English, confidence in presenting to audiences or groups of key stakeholders; Proficiency in another language spoken on the continent a plus (e.g., French, Arabic, or Portuguese, etc.)
Policy Vault seeks to secure talented individuals and will offer a compensation package that is commensurate with the candidate’s experience and background.
To apply, eligible applicants should submit a resume, a cover letter, and a writing sample (max. of 1200 words) on a relevant public policy topic of their choosing.